Saturday, February 23, 2008

Yes, we're still alive....

An update! Yay! Its been a while, but it is kind of hard to update an online blog, when you don't have the internet... :-) But anyway, things are going well for us right now. We are enjoying our new ward. There are babies everywhere! Its awesome! Huey is still working for Custom Food Groups, and I'm still working as a nanny. Huey is wonderful! Even after cooking all day at work, he still usually makes dinner for me! I'm pretty sure I haven't cooked dinner more than 5 times since we've been married. I DID make dinner last night though. It was really good! I mixed tomato sauce with some spices, and a few chopped up jalapenos, and spread it over some chicken breasts.... it was pretty spicy, but it was very good! Anyway, here are some pictures from our cruise. We had a blast!

In Cozumel.... obviously :-)

On the beach in Cozumel



This is a view of Cozumel from the ship Isn't it gorgeous?! It was a perfect day for the beach




Huey went snorkeling! And I was a beach bum!



I don't know what happened to all the pictures from the ruins of Uxmal, or the pictures from the ship, but once I can, I will post some of those, too. They're really cool. Going to Uxmal was so neat! I thought I was going to die though, when I climbed up this one pyramid/temple. The steps were so narrow, and tall! Plus, it was pretty hot too. But I was glad I did. I felt like I accomplished some great and wonderful task! :-) Anyhoo, the cruise was great. Except for tuesday, the day I was seasick almost the entire day! Poor Huey! Having to deal with a sick wife on our honeymoon! Oh well! I just stayed in our stateroom most of the morning, and layed out on the deck by the pool for a while in the afternoon. After that I felt a little better, and so I decided to get dressed up for Formal Night that night. I got all dressed up, made it to the dining room, and had to ask our waiter, Wirinata, for some crackers. He brought me back a whole plateful! I ordered dinner, but before it made it to the table, I started feeling sick again, so I had to go back to the room and lie down. I waited until Huey got back from dinner, and then I got up and we went to get our picture taken (they have places set up all over the ship, to get your picture taken). I was glad I did, because some of the pictures turned out really nice. In the one we bought, you can't even tell I feel like I need to throw up! :-) Wednesday was Progreso, and the Ruins, and I already said how great that was! So.... I guess I will have to post more later, hopefully in the next week or so!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Don't feel bad about being sick on your honeymoon. Our first night in Hawaii I had a migraine from not eating much all day and topped of the evening by throwing up. I had to send Josef out to get me something for my headache. I felt bad for Josef; our first night in paradise and we had to spend it cooped up in our hotel room with me hanging my head over the toilet!!

Ryan, Marissa , Zoe and Cora said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! Cute swimming suit!