Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Summer!

It seems the only way I will "keep up" on this blog is if I get reminders from my friend (Biddle, that's YOU)! :)

Hm, it's Summer here in Texas. Which means it is hot. And humid. And miserable. Actually, it's been a fairly "mild" summer thus far. I've even been able to open my windows for a total of 3 days this month! I have NEVER been able to open windows during the month of July since moving to Texas 12 1/2 years ago. I have lost 11 students this summer for various reasons. Moving, quitting, and some who just took the summer off. Hopefully with school starting in a few weeks, those who took a break will actually be back. :) On the one hand, it's no fun losing that income. On the other hand, it's a much lighter schedule, and easier to reschedule if we go out of town!
Huey is still working at Cavalli's Pizzeria.

Back in June, I was driving to Plano when I saw this field of amazing, BRIGHT yellow! It was a field of Sunflowers. And they were gorgeous! There were two fields on my way into Plano, and I knew I had to get some pictures with my new camera! So on one of Huey's off days, we drove down to the closest one, and got off the freeway to take pictures. We weren't the only ones who had that idea! There were quite a few people and there really wasn't anywhere to park. My handsome hubby is clever though, and was determined to help me get my pictures! He found a side road no one had gone on, and I was able to get some excellent pictures, that I'm very happy with!







Also in June, was my violin recital. I played two pieces, both of which my mom was awesome enough to accompany me for. My aunt Denise and cousin Lindsey, grandma J., aunt Debbie, and sister Eden all came to support me and hear me play! I hadn't seen Lindsey in YEARS, and she and her husband were visiting and celebrating their little girl's first birthday here. It was so great to see her, and have her come!
Here's one of my pieces: (It's blurry because Eden said the camera turned off and she didn't have time to focus before I started.)

Ave Maria


For the 4th of July, we went to visit Huey's parents. Since they live outside city limits, we got to set off fireworks! Huey was like a kid in a candy store when we went to buy the fireworks. Dang those things are expensive! I think the biggest package was $1000! We got some smaller ones, and they were fun enough.
We were also able to go shooting. Twice. I hadn't shot my gun in over a year, so it was nice to finally be able to shoot it again! 
 Huey with his fireworks
 Like father, like son
 Huey sighting in!
 Me sighting in. And using this gun for the first time. :)
 My patriotic nails




 Mike, Donna, and Huey
 Me and Huey

Unfortunately, Huey had to be back to work Friday morning at 9am, so we were only able to stay for the 3rd and 4th. We got back between 1am-2am on Friday morning. Poor Huey was exhausted! Well, I was too, but I didn't have to work that day. O:-)

Oooh, we also bought a brand new sofa and love seat! This is our first ever BRAND SPANKIN' NEW couch. And FIRST love seat!
They day after got back from visiting Huey's parents, was family dinner night and karaoke at the assisted living facility my Grandpa lives at. So I went with my fam. And sang karaoke. And enjoyed watching my grandpa get out there and "dance" in his wheelchair! It was so much fun!

The Wobble















And to finish off this post: my awesome cousin Ashley gave me purple highlights:






1 comment: