Another thing I'm thankful for is that my Mom is still here on this earth, and that she seems to be doing better. She may even be getting out of the hospital sooner than we first expected. Although that still will be a while.
Also, I am thankful for my family, both immediate, and extended, and to all of my friends who have been there for me when I have needed them.
I am also very grateful to my Heavenly Father, and His son, Jesus Christ.
Another thing I am extremely thankful for is the Priesthood, and those men who are worthy priesthood holders. Without them, and the priesthood, my mom probably wouldn't be alive right now. The gospel is also something I am so very glad that I have. Without it, I don't know where I'd be right now.
Anyway....
I was able to go the hospital this morning and visit with my mom for a while. She is very sore from having to lie in bed all the time, but she was more alert than any other time I've seen her. We watched a little bit of the parade on t.v., and when her lunch came, she ate more than I've seen her eat in a while. She ate almost all of her salad (about 4 or 5 bites), and a couple bites of her stuffing. :-) She is looking a lot better too. They took the staples out of her head, and her eye isn't all black and blue and bloodshot anymore! Yay! She really wants to get up and out of bed though. She asked the doctor today when they were going to let her get up, and was told MAYBE in a couple of days, depending on whether or not she continues to improve. I think that made her feel a little better.
So.... I'm actually going to brave the crowds, and get up extremely early to hit some of the sales at a few stores tomorrow morning. I almost NEVER do that. First, because I am NOT a morning person, and I like my sleep! Second, there isn't usually anything worth it to me to get up that early. Third, I just don't like pushing and shoving people, and being trampled, just to save a few bucks! :-) But this year, there are actually a few things I really, really want, for a really, really good deal, so I'm either going to bed in the next hour or so, or else staying up, and then coming home and crashing afterwards. The first store opens at 4am. 4AM! Whats wrong with people? I'm thinking they should open later, so I can sleep! hehehe. So anyway, more later!
My mom, actually sitting up!
No comments:
Post a Comment