Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

I can't believe it! It actually snowed the other day! And not just a few little snowflakes... we had about 3-4inches at our apartment! It started out as a cold, rainy day, and just got colder and colder. It finally started snowing around 6pm. I'm not sure what time it stopped. All I know is the roads and everything was covered under a blanket of white. It was beautiful!
It happened monday. I belong to a singing group (15th Street), and monday nights are when we practice (AFTER fhe!). We usually go from about 9pm-11pm. We meet at someone's home in Plano. So anyway... I went to practice like I usually do, but decided to leave a little early, since I had a ways to drive, and the snow was still coming down like crazy. I had to drop my mom off first (she's in the group too). I got on the freeway, and the roads were okay, until I got further north. Once I was just past Allen, the roads started to get worse. There was a LOT of snow on the road. I had to slow down quite a bit. It wasn't too bad, except when a semi truck would pass me, and then a lot of snow would get sprayed on my windshield, and it was hard to see the road. I finally got off at my exit, and there was already a couple of inches of snow on the frontage road. As I turned onto the side street I take to get to my apartment, I slowed down to about 10mph to turn, but I still lost control of my car for a few seconds, because of all the ice and snow on the road. It was pretty scary to be sliding around! Luckily I didn't slide too much, and I quickly got control of my car again, and also, good thing, but nobody was behind me. So anyhoo, other than having to drive in it, it was fun to have snow for a little while! Its mostly already gone, of course. But I did manage to make a tiny snowman from the snow on our patio! I should have taken a picture, but I didn't. Oh well! It was REALLY small. The head had melted off by late afternoon.
Other than that, there isn't much to tell. We went to San Antonio this past weekend with some friends. That was fun. We stayed at a hotel the first night, and then went camping the second. The weather was beautiful! It was cloudy on sunday, but didn't start raining until after we had packed up and left! We camped at the Guadalupe River State Park. It was nice. We didn't know until we got there though, that there is a designated 16'x16' spot to put your tent. And there is only ONE per campsite. And we only had one campsite. And we had to fit 3 tents on that small area! It may not sound too bad, but OUR tent alone is a 5 person tent, and the other two were 3 person tents. But we did it! I DID take a picture of that. The way we crammed those tents in that area, we probably could have fit one more 2 person tent on there! It was fun. Anyhoo, other than that, there isn't much to tell about the Hooks'. We're just pluggin' along!

1 comment:

Emily said...

welcome to our ward! ;)