Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy 4th! (A few days later)

Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th!
Huey and I went to good ol' Vidor, to visit his parents. It was fun, for the most part. We left on the third, and got in a little after midnight. The next day we just sort of relaxed. We slept in (haven't done THAT in a while!), and then for lunch Huey, his parents and I, went to this really yummy mexican resturaunt that we'd been to before called Carmelita's. Huey and I shared a burrito. I should have taken a picture of it. This thing was HUGE! Unfortunately, afterwards I felt a little sick. I've decided I can't eat out at Mexican places anymore, because this is the third time I've gone to a mexican resturaunt and gotten sick. ANYway, after lunch we all went to the theater to see Hancock. I liked it. It was definately different. Well, walking in, I had my cell phone, but, during the movie it fell out of my pocket. We tried calling it, but couldn't find it. So after the movie was over, we looked, and asked the people behind us (we sat in the very front row) if they had seen it, but they were a little vague... Anyway, my phone was stolen. We looked EVERYWHERE. I didn't realize how much I depended on my phone until it was gone. Kind of ridiculous, huh? Oh well. We went to a AT&T store and had them turn off my phone. Donna had an old cell phone that she didn't use anymore, and let me have it. So until my new phone gets here in a few days, at least I have some way for people to get a hold of me!
After all that drama, it certainly didn't help me feel any better. We went home and I laid down for a little while, thinking maybe all I needed was some rest. Nope, didn't work! I was feeling so sick, I even missed the fireworks! :-( Don't read this next part if you're easily grossed out. REALLY really late that night, I finally threw up probably everything I had eaten that day. I felt much better after that! Let me tell ya, it's gonna be a long time before I can even LOOK at a Carmelita's again!
Saturday was pretty uneventful. We visited Nan, Huey's grandma. She was having a "good" day. Last time we were there, she didn't have any clue who Huey was, and seemed a bit frightened. This time she was a lot more lucid. She was looking pretty battered though. Apparently she had a bad fall a couple weeks ago trying to get from her wheelchair back into bed, by herself. Did I mention she lives in a nursing home? Donna said she looks a lot better than she did when she first fell. Her upper face was pretty bruised, and her nose looked pretty bad, but she doesn't even remember falling, so we don't mention it to her.
After that we just ran a couple errands with Donna, and then went home. We watched !0,000 B.C.. It was a interesting movie. We came home on sunday. On the way home we stopped in Lufkin and visited Huey's mom, Judy. I finally met one of my brothers-in-law, Jason. I guess he doesn't live too far from Lufkin, and since Huey told him we were stopping by Judy's, he came over so he could meet me.
He...different. Ok, weird! But oh well. It WAS nice to finally meet one of Huey's siblings. The others live in CA and Georgia. So that's how our weekend panned out.


Huey throwing Zipporah and Eden in the pool


Me and Zipporah after swimming & Zippy pumping up the mattress




At the park, kicking the soccer ball around


Our friend Chris, at his baptism in May.

No comments: