Tuesday, October 7, 2008

We're connected!

Yay! We finally have the internet at home! We were hooked up today. It's going to be so nice to not have to go to the library just to use the computer. So.
Huey finished his first quarter of school. One down, six to go! He started his second quarter yesterday. He got two A's and one B last quarter. I'm so proud of him! This quarter he has classes monday-thursday nights, so we'll finally be able to spend friday nights together again.
Hmmm... what else has happened since I last posted? Not too much. I'm recovering from a cold. It's mostly gone, thank goodness. It was awful!
We were able to watch General Conference last weekend. I loved it! Especially Elder Wirthlin's talk about dealing with adversity. And of course it is always great to hear from our Prophet, Pres. Monson.
So we've been working with the sister missionaries a bit, and have gotten to know them pretty well, and have become pretty good friends. I found out that Sis. Farley's birthday was today (I found out a couple weeks ago), and decided to make her a birthday cake. It turned out REALLY well! It was my mom's yummy north pole toffee cake! Mmmm...mmm!

A blurry picture of the cake

Sis.'s Biddle and Farley lighting the candles (I tried, but my match kept going out!)

Sis. Farley opening her present


Me & Sis. Farley with our "best friend" necklaces


Huey and the Sisters


Well, that's it for now, but now that we have the internet, I should be posting more... and not so far between... and with pictures, too!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Boyce said...

So fun! I am so glad you have the internet now! Welcome back!

The Flitton's said...

Hi - I am Julianne's (Sis Farley)sister and she gave us this link to look at her birthday pictures. Thank you so much for celebrating her birthday with her. Birthdays are a big deal in our family and we are glad she was taken care of. Thanks again.
Becky Flitton