After many moons, I have returned! I don't have a good reason for not updating in the last 7 months or so... just been lazy! Okay, so here is the update:
Huey is in his 5th quarter of school. After this I think he will be about halfway through. Then maybe only another year (maybe a little more) until he graduates! Right now he is taking butchery, creative geometry, and European. He is still working as a cook in Allen.
Back in April (or May?), Huey entered a contest sponsored by USA Pears. He made a pear salad (I'll upload a picture). He didn't win, but it was a very good recipe! Maybe next time!
I gave up on looking for a nanny job, and in April, I got my baby (a piano!), and started teaching beginner piano lessons! I LOVE it! So much less stress than nannying. Now I just have to get more students. I currently have 5, and I would love to have 40. That seems like a lot, but it would only be 20hrs a week, since I teach half hour lessons. I will be taking flyers out to nearby neighborhoods, as soon as I get my solicitors permit. Hopefully that will get the word spread around enough that I can really get going. If anyone knows someone looking for a piano teacher in the McKinney area, send 'em my way! :)
I am still primary chorister, although now I just do Sr. Primary. I was disappointed at first, not to be with Jr., but sometimes you can have so much more fun with Sr.!
Hm, not too much else that I can think of right now. OH! And I dyed my hair red. :)
But there's the update on the Hooks'. Now you know we aren't dead!


No comments:
Post a Comment