Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ah!

Another update:

Total lbs lost on Round One of HCG:
Huey: 21lbs
Bethany: 30lbs

Unfortunately, we have not been very good during our "maintenance" phase, so have put back on a few lbs. We are both still smaller than when we started, but we could have done so much better! We will be starting round 2 either this weekend or next week, depending on Huey's work schedule. And this time, I intend to be better, especially during the maintenance phase.

Let's see, what else? Oh yes, Huey is DONE with school! He will be officially graduating on June 20th. We are both very excited. No more homework or projects to turn in, HOORAY!
Also, he was promoted at work, to Sous Chef. I'm so proud of him!

I made my violin "debut" last month in church. I played "I am a Child of God", a violin duet with my good friend and teacher Rosemary Weiland, and my mom accompanied us on the piano. It went really well! I was a little nervous, and my hand shook a little bit, but not too badly. Now to work on the NEXT musical number!



Huey has been working two jobs for the past month, one of which was supposed to be part time. It didn't work that way. He was working about 90 hours a week between the two jobs. He'd be up at 7am, and not get home until 2am. Huey put in his notice at his second job, and his last day will be Thursday. Poor guy is just too burned out. He has not been able to give 100% at either place. I think that will change once he is able to focus on his job as Sous Chef at the Libertine Bar.

I just started my 22nd student. I still LOVE teaching! Only 13-18 students to go til I reach my goal. Almost all my afternoon/evening times are filled, so pretty soon I'm going to have to focus on trying to reach homeschoolers and adults that are home during the day.

Something neat: We just had a special stake conference, and Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the quorum of the 12 apostles, was there! We got there about an hour and 15 minutes early, and still had to sit in the first overflow area! Oh well. It was only 4-5 rows back. But the hour before conference started, he walked around and shook people's hands. He shook my hand! It was so cool to shake the hand of an apostle!

Hm. I think that's it for now. Oh! And last Saturday I bought my first gun!

No comments: