Sunday, October 30, 2011

I can breathe!

Wow. It's been a while. Again. SO, here's what has been happening with the Hooks':

Huey was promoted to Head Chef at work. I think he is doing a GREAT job. He has been very stressed with all the extra responsibility, in part because his sous chef wasn't doing all his responsibilities, so Huey was doing the job of both sous and  head chef. Plus, he also had/has some really lame, irresponsible, immature guys working for him. I think as soon as he's able to get some good people in there, his stress will be a little alleviated. He just hired a couple new guys, and I am really hoping they work out well!

Bethany: It has been a very busy couple of months. In August, I flew to Utah for 10 days to attend one of my best friends wedding. It was beautiful. Saw a couple of friends from way back when, whom I haven't seen since we were in girls scouts together! While I was there, I also got to visit with other friends and family. It was nice to get away from the 100+ degree summer we were having. It was in the 90's while I was in Utah, and everyone was complaining about how HOT it was, but it felt good to me! Plus it cooled down at night. The first night there, the windows were open, and everyone was sleeping on top of their blankets. Me? I ended up pulling my socks and sweater out of my suitcase because I was freezing!  

 The bride and groom
 The beautiful bride
 Me, Mikaelle, Heathyr, Kristin, and Margaret (former G.S. friends!)
 Oquirrh Mountain Temple
 SLC Temple
 Dinner with Jill and Julianne (both served part of their missions in my ward)
 Oquirrh Mountain Temple at night!
 Me and my gorgeous cousin Cara
 Logan Temple


I was able to go back to Utah again at the beginning of October for my other best friends wedding, and I was honored to be a bridesmaid. It was fun! Only had a weekend that time, so I didn't really get to see a bunch of people, but the time I spent there was wonderful. And cold. Very cold. I came from shorts, t-shirts, and flip-flop weather, to wishing I had brought my scarf, gloves, sweater and a hat to go along with my jacket! There was snow on the mountains, and not just on the tops! The wedding was outside at a pretty little park, but because of the weather, the reception had to be moved to the church building.

 Mikaelle and her dad
 My bridesmaid bouquet
 Me!
 The cake
 Me, Mikaelle, and Heathyr
The groom, and the bride, with her lime green lined converse sneakers!

Snow!


This weekend, we just had our Fall piano recital, and it went really well! I was so proud of my students. I had all but 2 of them there (one out of town, one in a volleyball tournament at the exact same time). Here's a picture of me and (almost) all of my students: 




And last but not least, after serving for the last 3 years as primary chorister, as of today, I have been released! Today was my last day in primary, and it went well. Until the kids wanted to give me hugs. Then I got a bit teary-eyed! Things heard when our primary president announced today was my last Sunday:

*gasp*
awwww! (sadly!)
Why are you leaving us?
You can't leave!
Don't leave us! Who will do all your fun games?!
Why can't you stay?
(overheard by a mom in the bathroom): I can't believe they're letting her go! Why are they letting her go? She's the best music leader ever!
And finally, relayed to me by a mom, who's daughter said: Mom, they're letting Sister Hooks go, and I am NOT happy!



It's so nice to be loved!

No comments: