...an update!
The Hooks' are doing very well right now. We spoke in sacrament meeting this last sunday. For the first time in my life, I actually finished my talk a few days BEFORE we were supposed to speak, and not that morning before church! My topic was "When thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren" and "Feed my sheep". I think I did ok. Both my mom and dad were able to come and listen, and they said I did a good job, and parents are always right, right? :-) Huey did a great job too. He spoke about his conversion.
Wow, I'm realizing that though it seems I am constantly doing something, or having to be somewhere, my life is pretty boring for the most part. This last weekend wasn't boring though.
My cousin Erin got married! Yay! My aunt and uncle, and her little sister Briana flew in, and so did my grandparents. They were married on friday, and had their reception friday night. After the reception Briana came home with me for a "girls night". We talked until about 1:30am, and caught up on a lot, since we hadn't seen each other for about 6 years! She's engaged, and is getting married in July. Poor aunt Denise! She is the one who came and helped me out so much when my mom had her aneurism. So lets see, that's 3 weddings in less than a year! At least she doesn't have to worry about helping with my uncle's wedding in November! Yeah, lots of wedding bells on my mom's side of the family this year.
So anyway, on saturday we had a family get together/pool party at Erin & Russ's new apartment... minus Erin & Russ who had already left for their honeymoon! How convenient that their new place had a nice pool big enough for all of us to enjoy. :-) Of course it wasn't really too hot that day. And there was a nice breeze. AND the water was FREEZING cold! My brothers and sisters and Huey didn't seem to have a problem with it. It took me a long while before I would get in though. But I did finally get in. The result being (from going from sitting in the shade, to swimming in the sunny pool) that I got a pretty bad sunburn. Huey's is worse than mine. Luckily not as bad as when we went on our cruise, but it was pretty close. Why he doesn't wear sunscreen - when he knows he burns! - is beyond me! Oh well.
That has probably been the most exciting thing that has happened to us lately.
Hummmm.... I'm trying to think if there is really anything else worth mentioning right now.
Oh! I am in the choir Evening Song. We are performing on June 15th. I'm really excited. Some of the songs we've been working on have been a real challenge for me. I'm not used to being so challenged when singing, so its a nice change. Also, I'm singing 1st Alto, and I usually sing Soprano, so that is different too.
And... I'm starting violin lessons soon! I'm super excited about that, too! I've wanted to play for a long time, but haven't been able to do so until now.
Well, thats about it. . . until next month probably!
No comments:
Post a Comment